Foyer of San Carlo Theater
“Teatro Ridotto” is the title of the design proposal project for the new foyer space of San Carlo Theater in Naples. Three characteristic elements inspire the setting:
– The “horseshoe” geometric matrix of the San Carlo typical of neoclassical theaters.
– The rhythmic alternation of surfaces and voids perceivable in the Theater’s stalls.
– The typical inclination of the ancient Roman Theater.
The furniture is designed to achieve three objectives:
– Preserving the unitary image of the foyer while at the same time emphasizing its classic geometry.
– Achieving the maximum flexibility to support five different programs: bookshop, info-point, bar, exhibition space, auditorium.
– Adopting multifunctional furniture to optimize space and its usage.
The materials used are partly derived from tradition (brass, glass, wood, leather, etc.), somewhat innovative (Corian, methacrylate, fiberglass, metal fabric, etc.). The chromatic prevalence of white, red, and gold that characterize the current image of the Theater is also preserved. The graphic identity proposed (logo and logotype), inspired by the aforementioned geometric matrix, marks the line of products and gadgets sold in the new theater bookshop.
- Naples, Italy
- Modus Artcom for Teatro San Carlo
- Matteo Belfiore Architecture
- Matteo Belfiore , Dario de Vita, Janet Hetman, Dario Natale, Andrea Vetrone
- Interior design, Graphic design, Product design